Friday, January 16, 2009

viki anaty kiboko fa tsy manino!!

hi yall!!! Just in town with my friend Henriett for the day. I did a quick discussion about safe motherhood and family planning to about 15 women at teh CSB this morning but since there wasnt lotsa patients I headed into the city afterwards. I also need to get anti worming pills. Ive had these dang things invading my kibo (stomach) for 2 weeks now. They really like something in there. I totally freaked out when i first saw them but after talking about them to the malagasy and of course having them laugh ( again they are always full of laughter) because viki- intestinal worms are a fairly common thing here, Im over it and just want them to leave me alone. But seriously the first couple nights_ mampadala zaho!!!! (made me crazy) to think about the tiny things sucking out all my nutrients while they,re having a ball dancing inside of me. But tsy manino (no problem) once i take meds hopefully theyll dance away to my kabone and never come back! Life is good, shit happens and sometimes there is worms in it ;) Anyways yesterday we had a new years fety for 8 of us that work at the CSB; We had the most delicious fish that tasted like a juicy steak, boiled in tomato broth, with cucumber and carrot salad and of course vary (cant be full without rice!!)Even had soda!! ( of course not cold since no electricity in Antetezambaro) Then they all gave me a wee gift_ colorful place mats that they handcrafted themselves. Its malagasy fomba to give a speech so i did my best, speaking Malagasy to thank everyone for their warm welcoming and hospitality. Then, Dr. Alberte started talking. Shes the head doc and my counterpart, that picked me up for site visit and has already helped me sooo much. all of a sudden everyone started crying and i then realized what she was saying... she will not be working in antetezambaro anymore. I coundnt control my emotions either and had to let out tears as well. Even though Ive only known her a month, shes been my rock of stability and support. plus, she;s really good at speaking Kanto Gasy;) But it was great to share in such an emotional moment so soon with my fellow friends and co workers. dr alberte will be working in tamatave so ill be able to still see her occasionally.

I,ve been running every morning and its been a great refresher for my soul. Theres not a lot of people out and about yet at 6am but those who are give my spirit sunshine to light up the beginning of my day. I,m really starting to feel at home in my simple life thats full of emotion. God surely knows whats best for me:) Tomorrow Im getting my first lesson on rice farming from a sweet lady who knows my name is Jessica in the states and loves yelling it evertime i run by. She says she wants to name her next child after me!!! But it is funny because she,s the only person that calls me Jessica. I might have an identity crisis when I come back in 2 years, when no one knows to call me Kanto! hhaha mila handeha- gotta go- amy menaraka! ( til next time) o yah im still not sure how to respond on the blog pages but you can email me; cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment