Saturday, May 29, 2010

No hands, no hands!!!!!!!

Life is good, life is great,
it's so mysterious how it all comes full circle,
there's no energy left to Hate;
once you expend so much Heat
into loving the world around you,
makes me empathetic towards those feeling blue,
But admit I take on more of a yellow hue
The shade of sunshine, with the rays illuminated my life
Never planning on it, but getting through the challenges of strife
Has made me who I am, who I never could've dreamt of being
10 years ago, I recall dreaming about today
But my immature brain hardly seeing
The abundance of beauty and love that was on the horizon
And, of course my life, that's constantly full of FUN!
I'm grateful to Andriamanitra, my parents, friends, family, and Lover,
What an amzing experience this is...the process of undoing Life's cover.

Thanks y'all for being with me the past year to share all my ups and downs and exciting adventures and frusterations. It's a never ending roller coaster ride and I'm keeping my hands up for the whole ride! Sometimes people that hold onto the safetey bar too tightly don't ever experience all the exhilarating feelings that are natural too this life. But anxiety holds onto them and causes more pain than the eye can see beauty. I've chosen to live a life, full of absorbing that beauty, but also getting through the challenges of sadness and strife. A great quote that has summarized my past couple months: "Happy people see challenges; Anxious people see blessings and curses." Even the obstacles are all a valuable part of this game of Life, and I'm grateful to have gotten to learn sooo many lessons from these challenges encountered. Don't get me wrong, I also feel very blessed and grateful to God, but also know that part of where I am is because of my own endurance and confronting and stepping up to the challenges, not holding on to the bar too tightly or avoid getting thrown off the coaster of life. This all may be too philosophical to understand well, but to keep it simple, I'd say "NO HANDS, NO HANDS" as I look around and soak up the beauty from the top of world and meditate about which direction I'll let the wind take me next.

Back to site, my paradise bamboo hut n. the sand tomorrow...WAAAHOOO!! I'm soo ready after a great, but getting to be long 2 1/2 weeks of lotsa fellow American PCV's, and an endless supply of electricity and running water. I want to get back to the raw life in Antetezambaro. Bring it on, Magnum (yes, I know there are now prob. hundreds of roller coasters that are already much higher than it, but still remains one of my classic faves:)), I'm ready to keep my hands up and Enjoy the Ride!!!! Cheers* amy menaraka koa!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess!
    I finally had a chance to catch up on your blog! What an incredible journey you have been on! Never ending learning and teaching experiences. I love the pictures that you have posted. It's great to put faces to names and see some of the most beautiful lands of Madagascar ever! That sunset was breathtaking! It is 3:22 in the am here. I am having lots of trouble sleeping these days as we lead up to the June 18th delivery date. I'm just miserable with the lack of sleep, but I know it will all be over soon and we will finally get to meet this little baby inside! I'm sure I'll post pictures of the baby as soon as I can on Facebook so you can see. Sounds like Jenny is also having trouble sleeping. I wonder when she will deliver.
    Well, I better go for now. Keep up the good work there and I hope we can talk to you soon!
    Love you!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete